The LCCSA have been fantastic and have already made a massive contribution to our project in the Boland. In particular, we wish to thank the following for their contributions:
- J&B Electronics – Joe Bergh, for an inverter, 2-way radios including installation for “Biltong”, the Boland research vehicle – not a Land Cruiser, but its smaller, tough cousin, a Toyota Hilux;
- Victors Glass (PG Auto Glass) – Mr. Victor, for repairing the Hilux’s leaking front window;
- JB’s Auto Repair Services – Johan Meyer, for providing "Biltong with a front to back" A-Grade service;
- Hennie Roux Motors – Trevor Roux, for a fuel voucher of R1000;
- Drakenstein Panelbeaters – Thys Otto, for attending all minor body repairs...on the Hilux;
- Each and every LCCSA member who contributed to the R6600 (+) in cash raised on the weekend, of which R3000 will go towards a Boland camera sponsorship.
We would like to sincerely thank everyone who contributed to make the weekend such a success; in particular Joe Bergh for arranging “electricity” to get our Powerpoint presentation up and running, Manie Carstens for getting his hands dirty in Biltong and giving us a lesson in Mechanics 101F, and especially Trevor Roux for arranging the entire weekend and getting the show off the ground!
We were blown away by the spontaneity of the fundraising over the weekend, and by everyone's eagerness to become involved in our project. The LCCSA has supported the project in the past – however, with the Boland project on the doorstep of so many members, we hope this partnership can grow even more, ensuring more people can actively be involved in the work, joining in as ‘citizen scientists’.
Jeannie Hayward and Anita Meyer
Boland Leopard Project Co-ordinators
Photo credit: Trevor Roux