Environmental Educator - Cape Leopard Trust
The Cape Leopard Trust is seeking a suitably qualified ‘Environmental Educator’ to manage and run its new Cape Town based education programme as well as occasional camps in the Cederberg. The candidate must hold a valid code 10 driving license, be physically fit, have outdoor experience and a good general knowledge of the mountains around Cape Town, including fauna and flora and hiking routes.
Reporting to the Education Project Coordinator the key performance areas are:
- Good leadership skills
- Facilitating hikes and outdoor activities
- Group management and mentoring
- Conducting presentations and visits to schools
- Creating environmental education activities and learning programmes
- Maintaining relationships with environmental education partners
- General administration and curriculum development
- The ability to work independently under pressure or as part of a team
- To be a responsible and presentable ambassador for the Trust
Qualification and experience requirements:
- Matric or equivalent qualification
- Teaching or guiding experience is an advantage
- Computer literacy and communication skills
- A PDP and code 10/C1 driving license
- Fluency in both English and Afrikaans with knowledge of an African language desirable
Location: Cape Town and the Cederberg Mountains
Remuneration: R180 000 per annum
Individuals who meet these requirements should forward their CV together with a motivational letter to Elizabeth Martins, Education Project Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date: 17 August 2014.
Start date: October 2014 with 3-month training/probation period.
The Cape Leopard Trust is guided by the principles of employment equity. Information on our organisation is available on our website: www.capeleopard.org.za.
If you have not received a response within 14 days of the closing date, please assume your application has not been successful.
The Cape Leopard Trust reserves the right not to make an appointment to the position as advertised.